- Ephesians 5:21 Submit to one another.
- God's plan is for the husband to lead the family.
- Men must love their wives as Christ loves the church, and give themselves up as Christ did.
- Marriage is a reflection of God's commitment to us.
- Marriage is a convenient, a binding agreement with God.
- God's in business of eternal commitments. The world's view not so much.
Steps to strengthen your marriage:
- Prioritise your marriage over all things other than your salvation. The goal of your family isn't to become one. That's only between your spouse and you.
- Align your orbits. Take time to be together, distraction free.
- Talk with your spouse. Make conversations:
- How are you really doing?
- What are you thinking about lately?
- Contend for your marriage. Don't destroy the trust in your spouse.
- Champion your spouse. Publicly and privately.
- Resign from the mission of trying to change your spouse. Give that to God through prayer.
- Adopt the greater mission of making Jesus famous as the frame of your family portrait.
- What frame are you choosing to place your family in? Don't spend your whole life about the "us". Make it about Jesus.