World view: Catholicism
The basis of their authority
- Believe that their current church is the church that Jesus first setup in the 1st century.
- Jesus appointed Peter as the first Pope. Office of pope is past on in succession of bishops to present day Pope.
- Church magisterium is greater than sacred scriptures, sacred tradition. Pope has authority to speak infallibly.
- Worship of Mary. She is a perpetual virgin and without original sin. Entered heaven without dying.
- Matthew 16:17-20 Peter is the rock, the first Pope.
- Keys to the kingdom is infallibility. God gave to Peter as first Pope.
Their way of salvation
- Infusion of righteousness into the soul.
- Merit before God is earned by good works.
- Communion is Jesus' actual body.
- The priest absolves the penitent.
- If you earned enough merit at judgement you are justified.
- Otherwise you enter purgatory until you become justified.
They teach a works gospel, rather then the true gospel of grace.